Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Update from Martha

Hi all,

Below is an update from Martha after Jane's first day of chemo.

UPDATE: Jane and I are home from the hospital after 9-10 hours. She had her first session of chemo today. So far so good. It is now 8:06 p.m. and she is acting more "normal" than she has all day. She says she feels better than she has in weeks. She is awake, eating, and watching the State of the Union activities. Her CT scan had good results-no new growth of cancer and the enlarged nodules that were not removed have not grown. She is now dictating to me but I can't type that fast, but she won't take her eyes off the State of the Union!!! CA 125 blood test is 147, which is going the right direction and lower than when we started. Jane says thanks to everyone. Hopefully, tomorrow she will feel just as good and we will get out and walk, pick up some things she needs, then I will head to Burlington and back to work on Thursday. Her next chemo is scheduled for Feb. 14th. Nothing like spending your 60th birthday doing drugs!!!

Love,
Martha

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Jane, Kick ASS!
    Love,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, some good news!! Keep up the good work Jane. Prayers for you from me! Luvs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going in the right direction!!! Sorry I didn't get over to see you. My appt. got done early (crazy I know...that never happens at the U!!) I will get in touch with you soon. Keep up the good work!
    Love ya!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, I'm so proud of you! Glad that everything went so well-I know that you will beat this, you're our miracle girl! Take care, I love you! Oh....re#SOTU-surprised you watched-it made me want to puke!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete