Sunday, January 22, 2012

Big day tomorrow!

May you be blessedwith the strength of heaven--
the light of the sun and the
radiance of the moon
the splendor of fire--
the speed of lightning--
the switfness of wind--
the depth of the sea--
the stability of earth and the firmness of rock.

Hello, dear friends! Tomorrow is the day that many of us have been both dreading and looking forward to for several weeks. Dreading, for obvious reasons, and looking forward to so we can get this fight started!

Jane is doing great. As she mentioned in her post, she's been getting her strength back by walking the mall and rewarding herself with ice cream. Jeff went back to Iowa for the weekend, and they had a nice, relaxing time. They even spent a few hours at the Riverside Casino on Saturday afternoon!

Tomorrow will be a long day. Jane's first appointment is at 9:30. She has several folks to meet with, and then chemo will start around noon or one, probably lasting all afternoon. Randy and Linda Leu will be joining her tomorrow, and Martha is going to come up to Iowa City for the evening/night. Although we have some idea of the chemo side effects, you can never know which ones will affect her, and at what times. It could be a day or two before we post updates, but please know we'll be feeling all of the love and prayers you're sending Jane's way.

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, Jane. I will be thinking about you all day today. See you this evening.

    Love,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking about you all day Jane. Be strong! Love, Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending prayers, strength, and positive thoughts your way, Jane!!
    Take good care, Melissa Stull

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you and praying. Hope you got through today ok. I remember my first chemo treatment - I was very worried about how it would affect me, as I'm sure you were. I understand what you're going through. Take care of yourself.
    Love and prayers,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Jane! So sorry you have to go thru this. God Bless you! Luvs!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete